Born in Thessaloniki , with the family name Karakatsani, she graduated the American College "Anatolia" and had her degree in Greek and English Literature at the Aristoteleio University of Thessaloniki.
She is also a graduate of the National School of Music of Thessaloniki with a diploma in Piano and a Degree in Harmony, with honors.
She is married to George Dalakouras (shipowner, ex Member of Parliament, ex Governor of Athos) and they have a family of four children (one girl and three boys) and twelve grand children (six girls and six boys).
She has been active in shipping and tourist enterprises, having the following positions and honors:
- Founding member of DALEX SHIPPING CO SA since 1968
- President of the Board of Directors and Managing Director of the "Akti Myrina Hotel and Tourist Enterprises S.A." which operates the "Akti Myrina" Hotel on the island of Lemnos
- Member of the privately-owned company "Zenith Travel Service Ltd.". President and Managing Director of the company "Strovilos"
- Main Shareholder and Managing Director of Hotel and Tourist Shipping Company "Lofos Myrinis S.A." Owner and Manager of the " Best Western Efplias Hotel" 4**** , in Piraeus.
- Trustee member of the "Anatolia" College and
- Member of the Development Committee of the American Farm School of Thessaloniki.
She has been interested in youth health and was a founding member of the Adolescent Health Unit (AHU) of the Second Dpt of Pediatrics "P & A Kyriakou" Children's Hospital (www.youth-health.gr), Athens -Greece. She has supported financially the "kick off" of the AHU and has been honored by the Directory Board of the Hospital by naming the AHU ward after her : "Eleni Dalakoura" ward.
In May 2008, she contributed to the founding of the Non-Government, Non-Profit Organization "For Adolescent Health (FAH)" www.youthlife.gr . The NGO FAH has been promoting adolescent health in Greece, in collaboration with other local, European and International Organizations.
She loves music, reading and fishing with her beloved "Evangelistria".